I moved out of my flat at the end of my lease but the landlord is refusing to return my deposit to me, what can I do?

Provided the flat was in the same state as when you took it over and there has been no damage to it apart from normal wear and tear, then the landlord should return the deposit to you. If not you can use the petty debts procedure. Mediation through the Landlords Association may help, email them on info@gprla.org. Refer to the A-Z on our website or call Citizens Advice on 242266.


Solving Problems
Changing Lives

We offer free, friendly and completely confidential advice and information.

We work to improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives.

We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.